With the holidays just around the corner, we’ve come up with some great ideas for decorating your front door. Instead of a boring old wreath, try these on for size!
- Freshen up the front door with a coat of high-gloss, oil-based paint in a bold color (like red or hunter green).
- Add some outdoor pendant lamps to complete the look brought upon by the fresh coat of paint.
- Don’t forget about your foyer when you’re freshening up the front door. You don’t even need to do much – a well-placed chandelier is really all you need for a polished, welcoming look!
- Consider accenting the already-existing trim work in the door. For example, if the door has a border, paint that border a different, lighter color than the rest of the door so it stands out. Or, in the alternative, consider painting the door frame a contrasting color to the door.
- Replace your fiberglass door with a wood one. A properly stained & sealed wood door will last much longer, and bring more value to your home, than a fiberglass door.
- If the exterior of your home permits it, add columns to add to the drama of the door.
These are just a few simple ideas on how to funk-ify your tired front door. However, we will admit that this is not an easy undertaking, and you may need to call in a professional if this proves too hard to do on your own. That’s where we come in – so if you’re in the market for a brand-new front door, we can help! Give us a call today to request your free, no obligation consultation and let’s see what we can do for you!