We all know, by now, that front doors add value to your home...in fact, a properly maintained front door can add almost double the value to your home!
With the holidays just around the corner, we’ve come up with some great ideas for decorating your front door. Instead of a boring old wreath, try these on for size!
- Freshen up the front door with a coat of high-gloss, oil-based paint in a bold color (like red or hunter green).
- Add some outdoor pendant lamps to complete the look brought upon by the fresh coat of paint.
- Don’t forget about your foyer when you’re freshening up the front door. You don’t even need to do much – a well-placed chandelier is really all you need for a polished, welcoming look!
- Consider accenting the already-existing trim work in the door. For example, if the door has a border, paint that border a different, lighter color than the rest of the door so it stands out. Or, in the alternative, consider painting the door frame a contrasting color to the door.
- Replace your fiberglass door with a wood one. A properly stained & sealed wood door will last much longer, and bring more value to your home, than a fiberglass door.
- If the exterior of your home permits it, add columns to add to the drama of the door.
These are just a few simple ideas on how to funk-ify your tired front door. However, we will admit that this is not an easy undertaking, and you may need to call in a professional if this proves too hard to do on your own. That’s where we come in – so if you’re in the market for a brand-new front door, we can help! Give us a call today to request your free, no obligation consultation and let’s see what we can do for you!