In all likelihood, your Thanksgiving will consist of your family eating entirely too much and getting into the pettiest of fights before alternately passing out on the couch and watching football. However, if your family is amongst the rarest of breeds that actually keeps Thanksgiving classy, here’s our list of tips and tricks to keep your Turkey Day chic and elegant!
- When the guests arrive, greet them with a tray of piping hot cider served with cinnamon sticks, or mugs of hot cocoa and marshmallows.
- A few days before Thanksgiving, get a collection of fresh herbs – such as cilantro, oregano, rosemary, and sage – and tie them together. Let them dry a little, but not too much. Use this collection of herbs as your Thanksgiving centerpiece to create a rustic, unique look (and it smells great, too!)...which your guests can use as seasoning on their food!
- A hand-written place card, decorated with a sprig of the herb of your choice will tie in the whole “natural” rustic look, as well.
- Simplify the dinner table by creating a separate “buffet” style table where all the food will go. In that way, your guests can help themselves, and you can take the weight of playing “Martha Stewart” off your shoulders.
- To additionally take the stress of playing “Martha Stewart” off your shoulders – as well as off your kitchen – commission each guest to cook a different dish. For example, if you’re cooking the turkey, have other guests cook the fixings – and vice versa. In this way, no one person has to break their budget, or have the stress of cooking!
Do you have some time-saving tips for Thanksgiving? Leave your thoughts in the comments below! And, on behalf of everyone here, we want to wish you and yours a happy and safe Thanksgiving! We look forward to serving you in 2015 and beyond!